Odin is the best ROM flashing tool for Samsung devices that allows you to manually update the device. This Windows-based tool is used to flash the Kernels, custom ROMs and the official OTA updates.
Samsung Odin tool is the best and highly compatible to root Samsung Android smartphone or any other Android device without voiding the warranty. It helps you to keep your phone updated with the latest version easily without any risk.
How To Install Odin On Windows?
To install Odin on Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Unzip the ‘Odin Flash Tool .zip file’.
- Now, open ‘Odin Folder’.
- Search and click on the latest Odin file.
- Next, right-click ‘Odin.exe file’.
- Select ‘Run as administrator.
- It will ask for the deletion of the Google/Samsung account.
- Click on the ‘OK option.
- Next, a pop-up will come ‘Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device’. Click ‘Yes’.
- Now you can see Odin’s main menu.
- Odin install is completed successfully.
How To Install Firmware Using Odin?
Before we get on the process of how to install firmware with Odin, here are a few prerequisites that are needed to be furnished:
Check that your device holds more than 50% of the space. Be sure that your PC has ‘Samsung USB drivers’ installed.
Firstly, as per the model number of your device, opt for the right firmware and download it.
Incase its .zip file, extract it.
- After extracting it will be ‘.tar or .tar.md5’.
- Now download the latest Odin file and unzip it.
- On your PC, search the extracted files.
- From extracted files, open ‘odin.exe file’.
- Now Off your device.
- Now press Volume Down + Power + Home button altogether.
- Next, press the Volume up button to continue the download mode.
- By this, your Samsung device has been booted to download mode.
- Now via USB cable, connect the phone to PC.
- Odin will show a message.
- Next, select AP in Odin and opt for the firmware file where the download has been made.
- Now you can see the Odin screen. Click the ‘start’ button placed below.
- The flashing process gets initiated. It will take a little time.
- On completion of the flashing process, the phone will reboot.
- Hence, you’ll find Stock Firmware running on your device.